What information do we collect from you?
We only use personal data as part of a contract with you / your organisation. We do not use it for any other purpose unless you have given us explicit consent to do so. We will keep all personal information secure.
Beyond our internal HR processes, we do not collect, process or store any data that could be classed as sensitive personal data.
We collect personal data as follows:
- Job title
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal Address
- Any other information volunteered by you to help us improve our service to you
Why do we collect this information?
The personal data listed in the previous section is only collected in the event that we have a potential or actual working relationship with you. In this case we would engage in a level of contact appropriate to the relationship.
If you are attending a workshop or completing a profile or other diagnostic tool, the personal data we collect is limited to your
- Email address
Your email address may be used to:
- Invite you to a workshop
- Communicate pre-workshop information including a link to complete an online profile evaluator
- Send you a copy of your profile and any post-workshop slides or information
- Send you a link to an online form so you can share your feedback on the workshop
As an additional feature of any of the above emails, we may include an invitation for you to opt in to receiving our newsletter.
Note: We do not use any automated decision making processes
How long do we keep this information?
If you are attending a workshop or completing a profile or other diagnostic tool your data may be held securely for up to five years.
If you are a client or supplier, your data will be held securely for sufficient time to meet the needs of the relationship.
If you have opted to receive our newsletter your name and email address will be kept until you unsubscribe
Our Commitment to You
The Colour Works will not use any personal information for any unauthorised purpose and will keep all personal information secure.
The Colour Works will not share your personal information with third parties unless this is required to allow us to provide the services that you have requested and only where all parties comply with the relevant data protection and privacy laws and a data controller/processor agreement is in place.
We commit to:
- Collect, store and process personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner
- Only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and in a manner compatible with those purposes
- Only collect personal data which is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed
- Ensure that personal data is accurate and kept up to date
- Only retain personal information for as long as is necessary to achieve its specified purpose(s) and in accordance with applicable law
- Use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage
- Protect data and take appropriate measures when personal data is being transferred within and outside The Colour Works, as well as to other jurisdictions
- Notify relevant supervisory authorities of any personal data breaches within required timelines of becoming aware of the breach and notify affected data subjects, where required, in respect of a serious breach
- Respect and comply with the statutory rights available to data subjects
- Ensure appropriate data protection obligations are contained in the written contracts we have with all third parties to whom we disclose, or from whom we receive personal data
- Report, record and properly address all breaches of applicable data privacy laws and regulations, and incidences of non-compliance with this policy in a timely manner
- Be responsible for, and demonstrate, compliance with this policy, all Data Protection standards and operating procedures and applicable data privacy laws and regulations
Insights Discovery Personal Profiles
We are a licensed distributor of Insights Learning & Development and underpin some of our learning interventions using the Insights Discovery model of human behaviour and associated tools which include individual personality profiles and 360 feedback profiles.
In this instance, Insights Learning & Development is the Data Controller and The Colour Works is the Data Processor. To find out more and to access Insights Learning & Development privacy, personal information and evaluator policies, please click here.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
You have the right to access, correct or erase your personal data. Please exercise this right by email to SAR@thecolourworks.com
We aim to respond quickly to all requests, but commit to responding to requests within seven working days, and acting on your request in full within the legal time limit of one month.
Transfer of Information Outside of the EEA
We will not transfer Personal Data to a country outside the EEA that does not provide for a level of data protection comparable to that in the EEA pursuant to a European Commission Decision, without prior written authorization of Controller; Processor shall work with Controller to make sure that appropriate legal or contractual safeguards are in place for such international transfers as required by Applicable Laws.
Data Protection Responsibilities
The Managing Director is responsible for:
- Monitoring GDPR compliance
- Ensuring that data controllers and processors are educated about their obligations
- Making decisions about data security issues or updates
The Colour Works is a UK company and we are legally required to register with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), an independent authority set up to uphold data privacy. The ICO is internationally recognised as being at the forefront of the protection of personal information.
Reporting concerns to the ICO can be done online
For further information, please contact:
The Managing Director
The Colour Works International Limited
Peartree Business Centre
Updates to This Policy
The content of this policy will be reviewed annually and may be updated periodically as necessitated by changes in law or internal process.
Any emails or attachments sent from The Colour Works are intended for the addressee only. If you have received an email in error please delete it from your system. Do not use or disclose the information in any way and please contact The Colour Works immediately. The contents of the email may contain personal views that are not necessarily those of The Colour Works unless specifically stated.
Standard Terms of Business
The Colour Works International Limited (registered address at Peartree Business Centre, Cobham Road, Ferndown, Dorset, BH21 7PT) offer a range of learning & development products and services. By engaging with The Colour Works, clients agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Prices & Terms of Payment: All prices quoted will be in Pounds (£) Sterling excluding VAT unless otherwise stated and will be charged at the rate in force at the time that the service is provided. If The Colour Works is required to confirm a Purchase Order Number on invoices, this must be supplied to The Colour Works in advance of delivery of products/services. Payment terms are strictly 30 days. In the event that invoices are not paid in accordance with The Colour Works terms then we reserve the right to charge interest (5% above the current base rate) and compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. Clients with accounts in default agree to pay our reasonable expenses, including legal fees and costs for collection by third-party agencies, incurred when enforcing these Terms and Conditions.
- Insights Learning Support Materials: The Colour Works International Limited is a licensed partner of Insights Learning & Development. Where Insights product is purchased as part of a learning intervention either by you or us, we commit to placing the order and making full payment to Insights Learning & Development directly for these products on your behalf.
- Costs & Expenses: The Colour Works will charge for all reasonable expenses incurred in relation to the provision of products and services, including but not restricted to all travel, accommodation and meals for facilitator(s). Mileage is charged at £0.45 per mile.
- Amendments to Confirmed Workshop Proposals: Our standard pricing guidelines offer a delegate rate based on a minimum number attending. Should attendance fall below the minimum number stated in the proposal document, the delegate rate may increase.
- Additional Participants: May be added to a booking up to 14 days prior to delivery of a workshop. Requests made after this time cannot be guaranteed but we will endeavour to accommodate.
- Removing Participants: Any reduction in numbers must be confirmed more than 7 days prior to delivery of a workshop. Any changes made less than 7 days prior to delivery will be charged in full.
- Delegates who are booked on to a workshop but fail to attend on the day without prior notice will be charged for in full.
- Cancellation: A booking cancelled by the client will be subject to the following charges:
- Cancellation 28-15 days from the delivery date: 50% of fees and materials costs (Including expenses incurred)
- Cancellation 14-1 days from the delivery date: 100% of fees and materials costs (Including expenses incurred)
- Precedence: In the event that The Colour Works International Limited enters into an agreement for the supply of products and services with a client and there is any conflict between the terms of that agreement and these standards terms of business, the terms of the agreement for the supply of products and services shall take precedence.
- Delivery: It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that our facilitator(s) have all necessary information prior to the delivery of goods or services. This includes Insights Discovery Evaluators being completed at least two weeks in advance of delivery by all participants. Failure to supply this information may affect The Colour Works ability to supply its goods and services. The Colour Works reserves the right to substitute the agreed facilitator if circumstances should deem necessary.
- Personal liability: Persons attending an event do so at their own risk and on the strict understanding that The Colour Works does not accept liability for personal injury or damage.
- Bribery & Corruption: Insights has a zero tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. Clients are requested to report any instance of suspected or actual improper conduct by any Colour Works employee or other person engaged by The Colour Works in confidence to The Colour works Managing Director at the address set out above
- Data Protection & Privacy: The Colour Works data protection and privacy policies are amended and updated from time to time to adhere to current law. The Colour Works current data protection and privacy policies can always be found at thecolourworks.com
For further information please contact:
The Colour Works International Limited,
Peartree Business Centre,
Third Party Websites
The Colour Works cannot be held responsible for the contents of any pages referenced by an external link. Our website often provides links to third party websites, such as those of our business partners and are provided solely for the purpose of your convenience. Links made to other sites are made at your own risk and The Colour Works accept no liability for any linked sites.
When you access a non-Colour Works website please understand that it is independent from The Colour Works and The Colour Works has no control over the content of that website. Further, a link to a non-Colour Works website does not mean that The Colour Works endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or the use of such website. We do not give any representation regarding the quality, safety, suitability or reliability of any other websites or any of the material contained in them.
Cookies are small text files placed on a computer by the websites you visit. Cookies are used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to owners of the sites.
The table below explains which cookies are used by Insights and why.
|Insights.com||__utma||This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.|
|__utmc||Used by Google Analytics. This cookie takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves the site.|
|__utmb||Used by Google Analytics. This cookie takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters the site.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through browser settings.
To find out more about cookies, including what cookies have been set, how to manage and delete them visit:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit:
Please note that opting out of certain cookies may limit your use of our own website.
Your Email Address
There are a few reasons why you might choose to give us your email address:
- you fill in the Contact us form
- you subscribe to our newsletter
- you post a comment on the blog
We will never share your email address with anybody outside of this company. If at any point you wish your email address removed please email us at email@example.com
All the information, contents, text, images, including but not limited to html code, photography and buttons is the property of The Colour Works and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our express, advance, written consent. All trademarks used or referred to in this site are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact:
The Managing Director
The Colour Works International Limited
Peartree Business Centre