Why not view our solutions on leadership today?
What is your Insights Discovery Colour Type?
Follow this guide to find out what Insights Discovery is and how it can transform by offering an understanding of the four Insight Colour Types.
The Benefits of the Insights Colour Model
One of the main benefits of our Insights Discovery Model is its accessibility – the Insight Colours are so easy to grasp and have evidenced by everyday behaviours displayed by those around you. The Insights Colour Model also benefits from its memorability – enabling behaviour to remain front of brain in our efforts to get the best out of ourselves and those who we come into contact with. As such, it does no harm to be reminded of a headlines for each of the four Colour personality energies: Fiery Red Personality Type, Sunshine Yellow Personality Type, Earth Green Personality Type and the Cool Blue Personality Type.
Table 1: The Insights Discovery Colour Types
Working with Different Colour Personality Types
Recognising the Insight Discovery colours in others is, of course, only part of the battle – adapting your own behaviour to better meet their needs is the key. So here’s a handy guide to remind you about the basics when preparing for and executing that critical performance review meeting to ensure that feedback and criticism is delivered respectfully:
Table 2: An Awkward Meeting Guide to Insights Colours Types
The Insights Discovery Colour Types Under Stress
However much we may try and adapt our behaviours to connect better with colleagues, other stress-inducing events are out of our control and they, like us, are prone to succumb to these pressures by behaving in unhelpful and, at times, inappropriate ways. By recognising what particularly causes stress in each colour energy and what signals will be visible, you can implement fixes to minimise the disruption – see below:
Table 3: How to Approach Different Colour Personality Types Under Stress
The Insights Discovery Personality Types Uncovered
If you’re becoming an expert at the 4-colour energy level, unconsciously competent at being able to recognise and value behavioural differences for the benefit of everyone concerned, remember you can take things to the next level, the Insights Discovery 8 Types:
Table 4: The Insights Discovery 8 Types
How to use our Colour Insights
- Treat everyone as a unique individual – remembering we are a blend of ALL the colour energies – not just one.
- Be mindful of other factors in an individual’s life which could affect their choices – take an holistic approach where necessary.
- Identify, and draw attention to, the difference between your opinions (or personal judgements) – and facts.
- Keep your input as general as possible – it’s easy to prejudice others’ opinions. Far better to ask more questions than you answer.
- Jung said “Every individual is an exception to the rule”. Understand and allow for this.
- Remember this is a behavioural model – it is about preference, not capability. It is not a measure of skill or intelligence. It describes but does not define.
- Box anyone in – ever!
- ‘Diagnose’ or interpret ‘Facts’ using the colours. The expert is the individual.
- Make suppositions about a given colour spread.
- Use the colours in a belittling or pejorative way – or ‘hide’ behind your own colour spread (e.g. just because you have Blue as least preferred, doesn’t mean you ‘Can’t’ do a spreadsheet!).
- Restrict anyone’s ability to have transcended their behavioural preferences by experience, education, perseverance.
- Say someone is ‘wrong’ or demean their choice of colour spread (even to someone else) or tell someone what colour you believe they are before they have chosen for themselves.
The 8 Type Colour Personality Masterclass
The Colour Works 8 Types Masterclass introduces the Insights model of behaviours through the eyes of the 8-types. We investigate who we are as individuals: our strengths and challenges, our communication preferences, our motivations and how our behaviour may affect those around us.
This interactive self assessment, experiential programme is regularly described by delegates as thought-provoking, insightful and inspirational, accompanied by light-bulb moments of “Ah, now I understand why …!”
Roughly 85% of Fortune 500 companies around the world use 360 feedback surveys as an integral part of their leadership …Read More